Thursday 6 June 2013

Opening day at The Steel Rooms 1 June 2013



June 1 2013
The Steel Rooms
Brigg 
Lincolnshire


Exhibition by Biddy Hodgkinson and Jane Galvin.






The lovely space absorbed all the work that we both brought, so beautifully.


  

I find it really interesting seeing my work out of context - not in my studio. I look at it all with a fresh, more discerning eye.




The small abstracts were very effective when grouped together.



  
Close up of the toucan - wonder who can remember the Guiness adverts of the 1950's?




This wall does rather show evidence of an obsession with parrot tulips - but they are particularly gorgeous.




Biddy and I had  the chance to put our work next to each other here in a quite spectacular way I think. Each piece curiously complemented the other. 



This view illustrates the way the gallery is set out. The movable blocks make it very versatile.




A piece of Biddy's work which I suspect is a lot more controlled than one might think. Her large pieces have tremendous impact and have often developed from unusual starting points which makes them extremely interesting.




I was very pleased with the way my poppy glowed down the gallery.




Goodness - more tulips!!!




How I wish I could develop the knack of being comfortable
and natural in front of a camera....

And thank you to Julie and all at 
The Steel Rooms 
for making this a pretty painless exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment